Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Thing #7: Flickr


I chose the second option for this blog simply because it had "the more FUN option" set off in parentheses (I would have to concur). This was my first time ever using flickr and I like that it has a more "sophisticated" crowd than photobucket (plus there are more feautures!). In my opinion, photobucket has too many teenage boys and girls taking pictures of their "scene hair" and things they find to be interesting or original when it probably isn't. Flickr could be incorporated into the classroom or library if students have his/her own blog, or perhaps even a classroom blog. It is a good way to import pictures from PC's, Mac's, or the internet. I don't have any fears about the pictures being posted in a public place (hence the privacy filter), however I would be concerned about monitoring the student's content because more than likely you are going to be working with minors. I don't flickr would be a very successful tool with the youngsters unless perhaps a permission slip was passed out and signed by the parents of each student. Basically unless the proper precautions are taken, flickr should be for personal usage. Overall, my flickr experience was pleasant and I am definitely switching over to this photo sharing site instead. I chose to upload a picture I took last Valentine's Day with my cell phone of a box of chocolates someone I love very dearly gave me.

1 comment:

  1. What a cute picture. Those candies sure look quite tasty. Whoever gave you those must be amazing. How sweet.

    ReplyDelete