Monday, October 5, 2009

Thing #10 Really Simple Syndication


RSS feeds are awesome because (being the secret narcissistic person that I am) it allows me to keep up with the things I care about and (most importantly) it eliminates the middle man. The Google (RSS) Reader intrigued me the most because I am like a senior citizen...set in my ways. I have been using google for a longtime and it appears to be on many occasions tends to be the internet weapon of choice for me. The readers are good for staying current, convenient look-ups, and personal gossip news needs. A teacher could use RSS to check student's blogging projects (such as this one), current events projects/classroom lectures, and keeping life as compactly organized as possible. I really enjoyed this technology because I was feeling a little technologically impaired. I seriously did not know about the whole Google Reader and Bloglines business.

No comments:

Post a Comment