Thursday, October 22, 2009

Thing #13 Zoho Writer

I am not in favor of the "Negative Nancy" view of life, but I am going to have to say the Zoho is definitely a "no-go" for me. In my opinion, Zoho Writer is simply a free version of Microsoft Word which is nice if you do not already haveWord. The only two things I see that Zoho Writer has the cutting edge on over Microsoft is the real-time sharing capabilities and the fact that it is free. I feel like it could be useful in a classroom setting for students to instantaneously share documents, files, etc., but so is pulling up a chair, emailing someone, and few extra mouse clicks. I like some of the aspects of the Zoho, but in the end I am a good ole fashion word girl and until Word gives me a reason to hate it I'm going to keep using it. Perhaps Zoho Writer is simply a cry out for help for a society in love with "instant gratification". We can't google life, how much easier are people wanting things to get?

No comments:

Post a Comment