Saturday, October 10, 2009

Thing #11 Finding Good Feeds

I found Technorati and Topix.net to be the easiest sites to navigate. However, I found it much easier to just search for RSS feeds using the standard Google homepage. It is a quick, easy, and hassle-free way to find exactly what is wanted (minus the fluff). Topix.net was interesting because it provided users with local news as well as other information. (I am semi-egotistically) Technorati was a little bit too opinionated for me. I prefer subscribing to blogs and sites with more credibility (ex. CNN, Channel 5 News, etc.) My friends tend to be my inner circle of knowledge outside of the educational setting...We are like the view only better, and without the pointless cat fights. The most unusual blog postings I found were about a teenage boy named Fred who gained popularity by making his voice sound like he was crunk on helium. I didn't understand and didn't even want to make an attempt at understanding. Syndic8.com and feedster were time consuming and possibly could have potential but I am too much of a grandma to leave Google alone *sad I know* I did like the jobs search option on feedster, the others could have had it but it stood out to me when I saw it on this particular site.

No comments:

Post a Comment