Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Thing #16 Getting Organized

Ok, I don't remember which thing it was listed under but I think I have done the customizable start page before (Thing #12)...I chose to do the iGoogle start page because I use Google ALL the time. In fact, it has been my start up page since like the beginning...I absolutely love love love me some Google. Well I chose to add things that interest me such as breaking news, politics, cooking, and entertainment. It is pretty cool because it shows everything you would probably search for anyway on one page without actually having to search the web! Convenient or Lazy? I definitely think it promotes productivity and allows people to make the best out of already extremely limited free time. The calendar can be useful because most of us check our computers at least once a day...It is like the to-do list only nicer in my opinion. However the to-do list is ok...they would be good for posting to show or remind students of the daily agenda. I wouldn't place more than one week worth of information at a time on it because a student could look at it and easily become overwhelmed. The mystickies are awesome, I have them tacked everywhere at the moment just because I can I guess. I like the way they look, but honestly they nice for keeping up with stuff found online. I mean they are pretty self-explanatory: virtual sticky note, just like regular ones only virtual. Same purpose, same function. Any of them can be used at home so I say I reckon all of them can be useful for at home, but I use my myspace calendar pretty often because I like to keep people informed and be informed. I checked out the 30 Boxes and that one is good too, if I didn't already have one I would definitely use it. Good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment