Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Thing #19 Facebook Myspace


I couldn't beat them, so I joined them...social networking sites are being forced upon us all the time now. I guess for strategical reasons Ning and TeacherPop would be more appealing for the university and to prevent getting hacked. I guess it is for more company oriented and professional public forums. Always good to stay connected...I joined Bake Space because it sounded hilarious...plus who doesn't like food.lol.? A whole social networking site dedicated to the pursuit of culinary. Once again, I wouldn't use any kind of social networking site that is more personal profiles based than simple text and commenting (blog based) because it just leads to trouble. Back to Bake Space...This or a similar site could be used in a classroom setting, a teacher could have students search the site for a new website or something without creating an account that could become personal. Or a teacher could also have students find a recipe to share and post it to a teacher monitored blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment