Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Thing #18 Social Networking


I have had my facebook and myspace accounts for ages and for the most part, I have enjoyed them thoroughly. This is definitely one of those great power, great responsibility kind of things. I absolutely would not recommend using facebook or myspace in the classroom setting because it can become a bed of trouble. It will have parents and school officials swarming around a teacher in the matter of seconds, I have seen it happen. These could be potentially useful sites in the classroom setting, but human nature definitely wouldn't allow this to happen. Everything in this society has to be misused to be useful I guess. In my opinion, myspace is the most useful because it has the simplest to control and understand apps. I still don't really understand this whole ninja wall, favorite pop diva, and food fight business...too much for a grown to even think of caring about. It is important for teachers to know about social networking, but like I've said I don't think there is any place in the professional realm for these particular types of social networking sites...It has office wars and personal space invasions written all over. I think what the class is doing right now (blogging) is a more appropriate choice. Btw, I am friends with a few of my professors on facebook, and you will find that this is definitely the more tame of the two listed above.lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment